No, this is not (quite) about health and wellness programs. This is about making your company an energizing, exciting place to work. A healthy organization delivers results for employees, customers, and investors, while understanding the risks of short-changing any of these three.
How does your company measure up on the 8 point scale?
- Leadership: it’s about having a vision and an idea of how to get there. Set the tone.
- Management: it’s about doing things right.
- Talent: Is the means to deliver results. Healthy organizations attract and develop the best.
- Clarity: It aligns and embraces the core purpose and desired future.
- Engagement: People are engaged when their opinions matter and they are appreciated.
- Accountability: Keeping promises, getting the job done is important in a healthy organization.
- Learning: To learn from past experiences and develop and improve is the way to turn mistakes into profit.
- Agility: Change is to be expected and the ability to change is a competitive advantage.
This article was adapted from Jon Tveten’s, “The Healthy Organization” and written for Mentor’s Guild by Dave Kaster. Reprinted with permission.